TRIP & Fuel Permits
When do I need a trip permit?
- Traveling from your base state into another state in which you are not registered or apportioned for and when any one of the following apply:
- The gross vehicle/combination weight exceeds a registered weight of 26,000 lbs.
- The vehicle (power unit only) is traveling on 3 or more axles
- Operating a commercially license vehicle in AZ, CA, or CT regardless of weight/axles
- Operating a commercially licensed vehicle in NV in excess of 10,000lbs.